Welcome to It’s Not Just About Poetry, I am your host SP! We have a great show for you but first…
I’m gonna start this segment of Real Talk with a series I call Money Talks. A few years back I was part of a program that helped you earn a college degree while working and as part of this program we often attended Financial Literacy Conferences. In these conferences employees from a bank would come and teach us tips and tricks to manage our money. With this series I hope to impart that knowledge to you with…
How to Transform Your Money Mindset
When you think about money, what are the first thoughts that come to mind?
Have you ever thought to yourself, “Money disappears fast,” “Money is the root of evil,” or even “Money is not that important”? If those thoughts have ever crossed your mind, you might have limiting beliefs around money.
Your money mindset is the beliefs (oftentimes subconscious) you have about money that determine your relationship with it. Your money mindset can be influenced by your family and surroundings growing up, or even more recent daily interactions.
Your relationship with money falls somewhere on the spectrum between scarcity mindset and abundant mindset.
- Scarcity Mindset. If you find yourself feeling stressed about money, believe you’re not good with money, or believe money is for “rich people,” you might have a scarcity mindset. A scarcity mindset causes you to subconsciously believe that money is limited or scarce.
- Abundant Mindset. On the other side of the spectrum, you might have an abundant mindset when it comes to money. If you are generally generous with money and confident that you will always be able to make and receive money, you probably have an abundant money mindset.
With an abundant mindset, you do not fear spending because you know there is enough money, and you feel comfortable money will come in.
Your beliefs about the world shapes your relationship with it. When you realize how much your beliefs around money influence your decisions, you realize that your money mindset can be your most important financial asset.
If you have a scarcity mindset, you might attribute your own self-worth to net worth. You might feel so anxious about your finances that you avoid looking at your budget, which can result in uncontrolled spending. A scarcity mindset might result in living paycheck-to-paycheck.
But what if you could shift your beliefs, feel in control of your finances, and stop living paycheck-to-paycheck?
Follow these tips to begin transforming your money mindset:
- Look at your existing beliefs. Sometimes our beliefs around money follow us our entire lives. Starting with this awareness can help you see how different things influence your behavior with money.
- How do you feel about money right now?
- How was money handled at home growing up?
- What was my parents’ relationship with money?
- What beliefs/opinions do I have about rich people?
- Reframe any negative beliefs to be more positive/abundant. How can you reform your subconscious beliefs and shift from a scarcity to abundance mindset with money?
- Building wealth is possible.
- I am in control of my financial life.
- Create financial stability for yourself. If you are overwhelmed with debt or living paycheck-to-paycheck, the most important thing is to create a plan to become financially stable. Have a financial plan so you can meet goals and feel comfortable.
- Look at your current income and spending.
- Decide where you may be able to cut costs and contribute extra to your debt.
- Create a budget! Having a budget can give you freedom too (by improving the way you manage money).
- Cut emotional spending. Make a plan to prevent yourself from spending when you’re stressed or sad.
- Stay in your lane. Let go of any resentment because others have a lot of money. Focus on your journey rather than everyone else’s. Learn how to find happiness in the present with what you have.
- Adopt a gratitude mindset. Study after study shows that grateful people are more likely to take care of themselves and make healthier choices.
- Celebrate every time money comes into your life!
- Do a gratitude practice at least once per day.
- Acknowledge the things in your life you have, like shelter, water, and even the Internet.
How are your money beliefs sabotaging you?
Remember that money mindset has nothing to do with the amount of money you earn or have. And money isn’t evil!
You are in control of your financial life, and you deserve wealth and happiness!
Today on Seductive Spotlight I’m going to be featuring 3 poems. I love reading your poems so please keep them coming. Read until the end to see how you can submit your poetry to be featured!
The first is a poem written by Toria and was submitted via Instagram for my Seductive Spotlight Poetry Prompt. It’s entitled, Yesterday”s World Is Obsolete. Here’s the piece.
Next is a poem written by @late__night__poetries and was submitted via Instagram for my Seductive Spotlight Poetry Prompt. It’s entitled, Inseparable For Tonight. Here’s the piece.
This last one is a poem written by Toria and was submitted via Instagram for my Seductive Spotlight Poetry Prompt. It’s entitled, A New Beginning. Let’s get into it.
So every week I’m going to be putting out a prompts called the Seductive Spotlight Poetry Prompts. Rules for the prompt are simple:
You can use any of the prompts past or present. Multiple submissions are allowed.
For Instagram submissions either post your piece in the comments or on your page using the #seductivespotlightpp.
On Facebook just submit in the comments of the post or in my Visitor’s Posts section on my Facebook page.
Also if you would like me to feature one of your poems/your poetry page just shoot me a DM on either Facebook or Instagram.
I’m really looking forward to reading all your submissions. Also feel free to submit topic ideas, suggestions and other things. Also, if you just need to vent or talk my door is open to you! Everything will be totally anonymous and kept between you and me and the universe.
## Thank you so much for reading and remember it’s not about poetry, it’s about life!