6 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Take Action & 6 Ways to Stay Motivated and Positive While Taking Action
Taking action towards your dreams and goals is clearly vital, but it’s not always easy to stay consistent and build momentum. However, taking action is one of those important pieces to the puzzle along with proper planning and the drive to succeed. Those that take action are the ones that see results.
How do you motivate yourself to continue working toward your goals, especially when you face challenges? Although some strategies will motivate you more than others, it’s good to experiment with several different ways of finding your motivation. Then, when the chips are down, you can depend on one of these strategies to get back on track.
Try these techniques to motivate yourself to take action:
- Break your goals into smaller, attainable steps. Especially if you’re working toward a bigger goal, break it up into a series of small steps that you know you can achieve. After each step, celebrate and reward yourself for a job well done. With small steps, you’ll be more likely to stay on task because your rewards come often.
- Know your limits. You know yourself best and only you can identify your personal limits. If you move too slowly, you’ll know deep down that you could be taking more action. However, when you try to do too much, you risk burnout. Figure out that magic point where you can achieve success without much stress, and you’ll remain motivated to keep taking action.
- Take away your distractions. There are some things that might be more likely to distract you than others. Remove yourself from these situations when you know that you need to be taking action.
- For example, if you’re a social person, perhaps you’ll need to stay away from friends and family during the times you want to work. Also, avoid surfing the net, video games, and television when it’s time to work.
- Ask for the help you need. Don’t be afraid to get help from others. There’s only so much you can accomplish in one day all by yourself. It’s true that sometimes you’ll have to accomplish certain things on your own, but if there’s any way at all that someone else can help, consider that possibility and ask them.
- Find an activity that energizes you. Sometimes you’ll find that there’s a period in the day where you go into a slump. Maybe you have trouble starting your engines in the morning, or perhaps it’s the afternoon that causes you to feel sluggish.
- In these times, find some activity to re-motivate and energize you. One thing that can energize you is a good exercise routine. It’ll get your heart rate up and send fresh oxygen to your brain. This will refresh you, help you think more clearly, and make you feel more like doing your work.
- Keep a tight schedule. A good schedule and organized plan will help keep you motivated and on track. In the beginning phases of planning your goals, be very specific when deciding what you need to do and when. This way, when you complete a step, you won’t have to spend time figuring out what you’re supposed to do next.
If you want to succeed, you can do it through purposeful action. Just think about what you’ve done to accomplish goals in the past. Chances are you had a plan and followed through. It might not always be easy, but when you remain motivated, you’ll reach whatever goal you set out to accomplish!
The world can be full of negativity. That’s why it’s so important to stay positive and motivated, despite the situations you may face — good or bad.
Have you ever read a motivational book, watched an inspiring video, or tried to implement a new habit, only to give up after a few days?
What’s going on? Why is it that we get motivated, inspired, and have all these great ideas, but then nothing happens? When you’re lacking motivation or energy, start with these three questions:
- What do you want out of this day?
- What have you done today to get closer to those things?
- What could you do right now that would move you toward your goals?
Honest answers to the questions above are good to energize you for each day’s activities.
Remember that only you and your mindset can generate the positive energy you need. You can only practice some tried and tested routines that can get you on your feet whenever you are down. Different things motivate everyone. First, understand what motivates you.
Let these self-improvement tips guide you to stay motivated and positive:
- Set aside time for yourself every day. Practice self-care. Schedule a moment where you are not answering calls, scrolling on social media, responding to a mail, or watching a favorite movie.
- There are a lot of distractions in the world. However, if you don’t set aside time to reflect, you cannot move forward. Even if it is 5 minutes every day, know that you deserve it.
- Reward yourself for every little thing. Set little milestones for your life, like finishing an assignment on time. Reward yourself by watching your favorite show or buying your favorite coffee.
- Self-reward doesn’t always need to be money or time-consuming. The minor things you don’t value do the wonders. For instance, stand on your feet now and tell yourself “You’re victorious” or “You’re capable”. See the feeling it gives.
- Surround yourself with positive-minded people. Sometimes you need a little extra push to get through the day. That’s why it’s so important to surround yourself with people who are positive and motivated.
- With positive people in your life, keeping your head up is that much easier. It’s like a breath of fresh air when you’re feeling down.
- Help others. Creating a positive influence in people’s life brings an unusual feeling of joy.
- Visualize yourself succeeding. You’ve probably heard this one before, but there’s a reason for that! It works! Take a few minutes every morning or evening to picture what it would be like for you to succeed.
- Spend some time thinking about how good it will feel for you to make it to the other side of this challenge!
- Starve your distractions. It’s so easy to let yourself get distracted, isn’t it? Whether your distraction is the latest reality TV show, the latest flavor of ice cream, your kids, or the bed that looks so comfortable right now.
- It’s easy to find things that will capture your attention and keep it away from what you should be doing. When you don’t feed your distractions, you’ll get more time for yourself.
Many of us struggle to stay motivated and positive these days. The social media landscape is full of negativity.
With all the negativity, it becomes difficult to understand why we do what we do. And sometimes we may feel like we are not making any difference. Let these tips be a booster for you to escape negativity and stay motivated.